Nutritious breakfast for your pooch!
February 25, 2019 by Furry Tales
Is your dog getting bored of eating the same packaged food daily? Want to give him/her something yummy to look forward to, in the mornings? Check this simple recipe that our team tried at home with their pets, and see if this is what your pet enjoys as well!
- 1/4 cup Semi-powdered, rolled oats
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/4 cup vegetables – lightly steamed or pureed carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes for e.g.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon home-made peanut butter
- 4-5 drops of flaxseed/coconut/olive oil (optional) Note: Please consult your vet on which oil is ok to give to your pet. Some pets may not be able to digest this ingredient as well as others.
- Soak the oats in the yogurt and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, allow this mixture to reach room temperature.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and ensure that the consistency is like loose porridge (add water if required).
- Top it off with some kibble and cut strawberry (fresh, not canned)/banana pieces if desired.
Watch your furry kid try something new as well as nutritious with this recipe!
If you end up trying this recipe at home and your pooch liked it, please share your experience/pictures with us and do tag us on Instagram @furrytalesin, we’d love to hear from you!